Eczema causes inflammation of the skin in various parts of the body. In the case of a child, the problem of eczema is pathetic and unbearable. The skin becomes dry, rough, and flaky. The child feels like scratching his skin all the time. Continual rubbing and scratching of irritated skin areas makes the problem even worse. Even babies cannot escape this skin problem. They feel the pain but cannot express it. All they can do is scream and cry.
Common eczema triggers
Parents should look for flare-ups that intensify the eczema. Fragrant skin products such as shampoos, lotions, creams, and soaps trigger eczema immediately and are best avoided.
The skin of babies and young children is extremely sensitive and can break out very quickly. Therefore, children’s clothing and bedding should be skin-friendly. The inferior quality of the material will immediately irritate the skin.
Wool can also cause redness and itchiness. Parents should also take care of this aspect.
Another important factor is climate change. The change of season is an important factor when the patient may suffer more from the skin problem.
Also, consuming some inappropriate foods like nuts, eggs, and spicy foods can trigger eczema in children. However, the effect and intensity of the problem may vary from person to person.
Another peculiar reason is the presence of pets around the affected person. Sometimes pets and their hair exacerbate this skin problem as well.
It would be a good idea to observe and write down your triggers. In case something triggers eczema, you should stay away from the patient.
Preventive measures to cure eczema
Prevention is the first step in controlling eczema and curing the affected person.
1. Parents should maintain a clean and dust-free atmosphere around the affected child, otherwise it may intensify the problem of eczema. The presence of dirt and dust has a negative effect on eczema patients.
2. To control inflammation and itching of the skin, parents should keep the child clean. A daily bath with a mild, odorless soap is ideal for the child. The child’s towel should be of good fabric. It should be kept clean with the help of a mild detergent.
3. Keeping the skin hydrated is equally important as it controls the itching sensation. Therefore, the use of a medicated moisturizer is mandatory for eczema patients.
4. Mother Nature has many gifts that provide solutions to various diseases and ailments, including eczema. Use home remedies for eczema. Coconut oil is an effective and readily available remedy for curing itchiness due to eczema problem.
5. Cranberry leaf extract also helps to relieve inflammation and swelling that arise due to this skin problem.
Furthermore, there are several solutions available on the market. The interested parent can follow the doctor’s advice before choosing the solution. However, medicinal products, drugs, and treatments can provide relief, but with side effects and at high cost.
On the other hand, the available homemade solutions require less effort and money. These natural remedies can be extremely helpful for affected children. So, take advantage of the gifts of nature and bring relief to the child from eczema.
Written by Deepti Gupta